Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Enjoy it while I can

My 20 month old is amazing! She's inquisitive and intelligent beyond our imagination. I stop in my tracks several times a day and say to myself she's not even two! Her laughter fills the house, the air, and my heart. I can't believe I helped make this little doll of a person. Her personality is huge she has a mind of her own and boy does she ever have a temper. She is stubborn as a mule and will get what she wants even if she has to get it herself with a stool, or a stick, or whatever is handy. She is definitely my daughter, not looking forward to what the teen years have in store. :-)She already has her own little life that her dad and I just play a part of. Her teacher says she has a boyfriend (or at least a little boy she likes better than the rest, who she gives cheerios to and whos' mommy says talks about lilly at times on their way home. Not that long ago she was my baby and would wake up crying for me to get her, now she wakes up and talks to her stuffed animals and plays until I go in there. I can't believe time flew by so fast, maybe it was because she was a preemie and now she's caught up, but man is time flying by all of the sudden.
And my two month old giggles, he actually giggles! Its so out of this world that i just cant help but laugh with him. Sometimes its in the middle of a feeding or while asleep but its a giggle just the same, and he does does giggle and smile when we talk to him too. And no one can tell me "its just gas" like they did when my first would smile. But my two month old is growing up too fast, and time seems to be slipping away. I don't seem to be able to relish every moment like I did with her. Although I do make time for him and enjoy all those moments.
This is definitely not what I imagined my babies would be like. In my head was this idea that babies are just babies until 3-1/2 to 4. When they "start to understand things" but my two babies have proven me wrong. I'm surprised every day and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment